Feng Shui for Better Deeper Sleep!
What place could be more important for someone with a sleeping disorder than the bed? In a good Feng shui bedroom, every item will reflect the clear intent for love, healing and relaxation. Those who follow Feng shui use the techniques to improve aspects of prosperity, health and wealth because it specifically invites harmony and balance to these areas of life. I invite more harmony and balance to my sleep at night, please!
1. Clean up all your clutter and organise your things. Throw away clothes and objects you will never use again and items that are broken. If you been meaning to mend a pile of clothes, do it now or throw away! Clean your bedroom and organise your things!
2. Your bedroom should be a soothing, calming, warm colour. The Skin-colour range is normally recommended, ranging from chocolate-mocha brown to warm beige.
3. Move all your electrical equipment to another room. TV’s, computers or exercise equipment destroy the good energy.
4. Open the windows often to air the bedroom to lose stale energy. Get at good quality air-purifier to ensure the air is fresh and loaded with oxygen.
5. Plants are not good Feng shui! Only place plants in the bedroom if your room is large and you can locate them far from the bed.
6. Use different types of lighting levels in your bedroom or use a dimmer switch. Good, appropriate lighting is very important, as is one of the strongest manifestation of energy. Candles are the best Feng shui bedroom lighting, but be sure to buy candles with no toxins.
7. Images carry powerful Feng shui so choose images carefully for your bedroom. Best Feng shui advice for the bedroom art is to choose images that you want to see happening in your life. Earlier this week I blogged about vision boards,
Now the Bed:
1. It’s important to have a bed that is decent, clean and well-balanced. Solid frame, good mattress and sheets made from natural materials.
2. The bed needs to be approachable from both sides. If you can only approach it from one side you cut off your energy. , At night, your body is busy doing intense work regenerating itself and is looking to use all the energy it can, to improve your health. When the flow of energy to your bed is restricted, your body does not receive the optimum help it needs.
3. Try to have two bedside tables, one on each side.
4. Avoid placing your bed in direct line with a door. Not just the door, patio doors and wardrobe doors too. As these portals will pull energy from you.
8. Keep all the bedroom doors closed at night, be it the closet doors, the en-suite bathroom door or the bedroom door. This will allow for the best and most nourishing flow of energy to strengthen health.
9. Do not have a mirror facing the bed. You do not want it to be reflecting your bed. It will sap your energy while you sleep.
10. Do not have anything hanging from your ceiling above your bed. No beams, ceiling fan, chandelier, wind chimes or bells!
11. Now, look around for sharp angles in your bedroom. Neutralise all sharp energy pointing at your bed by moving furniture slightly or cover them with cloth or a room divider.
12. Avoid placing your bed under a window. You need a good headboard and a solid wall behind your bed. The same here as with the mirror, your energy tends to get weaker over a long period if you sleep under a window as the body does not have any protection nor support.
13. Do not place your bed under a sloped ceiling. It makes sense to avoid sloped ceilings as they restrict the flow of your energy. Also, It might fall down on you while you sleep. As nighttime is the only time when your body can do the deep work of regenerating itself, sleeping under a sloped ceiling restricts this work, thus one’s health may suffer. Sleeping in a bed under a sloped ceiling can also contribute to emotional instability and low energy.
Good Luck and Sleep Well!